Mousse has come a good distance because it first made an look in the ’80s. You might already know that a lot of the formulation both weighed your hair down or created a not-so-flattering crunchy look. Nobody needs that. This is usually as a result of the primary merchandise have been made with alcohol and different harsh chemical compounds that dried out your hair.
Fortunately, mousse has advanced, and the stiff look is a factor of the previous. These days, most high-quality formulation are designed to supply a light-weight maintain whereas boosting the quantity of your hair. Plus, there are totally different formulation designed for every hair kind, which we’ll get into shortly.
Achieving attractive hair doesn’t should be sophisticated with among the best mousses that’s proper for your hair kind. Mousse needs to be, palms down, one of the various merchandise as a result of you may obtain so many alternative seems with it. You simply should know what to look for.
In this straightforward information, we’ll present you methods to use mousse, and fill you in on which formulation we suggest for every hair kind. If you’re in a rush, right here’s a fast have a look at our beneficial record of mousse merchandise.
Best Mousse for Different Hair Types
First issues first. Before we get into the steps on methods to use mousse, it’s essential to decide on the precise product for your hair kind. This will assist you to see one of the best outcomes. You need to discover a mousse that works together with your hair, not towards it.
Straight hair would require utilizing a special mousse than the pure curls, whereas skinny strands may have somewhat further quantity than thick hair. Once you establish which is best for you, the remaining could be very simple.
For Straight Volume
Sometimes, discovering mousse for straight hair could be very tough, however whoever got here up with the concept that mousse is simply for enhancing curls by no means tried this line. For smooth, frizz-free hair that doesn’t skimp out on quantity, Smooth ‘n Shine Straight Bodifying Mousse is unbelievable.
This system is designed particularly to maintain hair straight all day lengthy. It additionally has the additional advantage of UVA and UVB safety for color-treated hair.
- Brand: Smooth n’ Shine
- Hair Type: Straight
- Liquid Volume: 9 fluid ounces
- Item Weight: 0.56 kilos
- Helps protect straight hair all day lengthy, even in humidity
- The black seed oil promotes hair development and helps reverse scalp circumstances
- Smooths away frizz and retains flyaways at bay
- The sulfate-free system offers fade safety for color-treated hair
- Formulated with coconut oil to intensely hydrate strands
- Protects from breakage and heat
- Not essentially the most budget-friendly
- Formula and packaging has not too long ago modified
For Thick Hair and Curl Definition
OGX Locking + Curls Decadent Creamy Mousse is among the hottest and extremely reviewed hair merchandise on Amazon, and for good purpose. Coconut oil and shea butter ship intense hydration to every strand and easy away frizz whereas enhancing your curls.
One fan raved: “Adding this product into my hair routine modified all of it. My curls have by no means seemed higher!” So, if that’s not a ok purpose to offer this mousse a shot, then we don’t know what’s.
- Brand: OGX
- Hair Type: Curly
- Liquid Volume: 7.9 fluid ounces
- Item Weight: 0.5 kilos
- Lightweight and gained’t overwhelm or harden hair like many curl-boosting formulation
- Tightens and enhances the form of unruly curls
- Coconut oil deeply hydrates thick, dry hair
- The system is freed from sulfates and alcohol, making it protected for color-treated hair
- Budget-friendly worth level
- It will not be appropriate for individuals delicate to perfume
- Some customers report the dispenser isn’t of the best high quality
For Damaged Hair
Is your hair affected by dryness because of warmth and solar injury? Or maybe you’ve bleached and coloured it one too many occasions, so that you’re wanting for a product to assist fight breakage.
Marc Anthony Dream Big Volume 7-in-1 Thickening Treatment Foam is the answer for hair that wants some critical nourishment whereas offering excessive quantity. Created for movie star stylists, it offers elevate on the root whereas strengthening and smoothing break up ends in broken locks.
- Brand: Marc Anthony
- Hair Type: Damaged
- Liquid Volume: 6.8 fluid ounces
- Item Weight: 0.43 kilos
- Works as a leave-in remedy so that you don’t have to use warmth
- Deeply moisturizes dry, broken hair
- Thickens your strands with out weighing them down
- The system is freed from parabens, sulfates, and phthalates
- Hydrolyzed proteins and microfibers restore and defend hair from injury
- Not essentially the most budget-friendly
- Less mousse in the can, so it could not final so long as some merchandise
To Volumize Fine or Thin Hair
When it involves injecting quantity into skinny hair, Got2B Fat-tastic Thickening Plumping Hair Mousse takes the cake. It delivers collagen straight to your strands to immediately thicken and volumize even the finest hair. This product does what it says it would and extra, enhancing curls or delivering smooth, straight hair. Plus, your strands will profit from somewhat further shine and hydration.
- Brand: Got2B
- Hair Type: Fine, skinny
- Liquid Volume: 8.5 fluid ounces
- Item Weight: 0.05 kilos
- Plumps up high-quality, flat hair
- Provides long-lasting versatile maintain
- Can be used on high-quality hair that’s both curly or straight
- Collagen creates elasticity and strengthens strands to stop breakage and break up ends
- Doesn’t weigh your hair down or harden even after utilizing plenty of product
- The barely larger worth level
- Some customers report it’s not appropriate if you happen to’re delicate to perfume
How to Apply Mousse & Style Hair
Once you’ve discovered your holy grail of all formulation, you’ll have to be sure to know methods to use mousse for one of the best outcomes. We’ve damaged it down step-by-step for you and included styling suggestions for totally different hair sorts. Consider whether or not you’d like to include blow drying into your day by day routine or just let your hair air dry.
First, you’ll need to towel-dry your freshly shampooed and conditioned hair. It needs to be damp to the contact, however by no means dripping moist. On days the place you don’t wash your hair, all you might want to do is barely dampen your strands from root to tip. This permits for one of the best software of mousse as a result of it’s simpler to unfold by means of your hair.
Next, dispense a dime-sized quantity of product into your palm and rub your palms collectively. Remember, mousse expands, so that you don’t need to overdo it. Start with much less – you may all the time use extra as wanted afterward.
Now, apply the mousse to your hair, beginning at your roots. Be positive to deal with this space in order for you added quantity at your crown. After that, work the product all the way down to your ends. You also can assist unfold the product evenly all through your hair by using a wide-tooth comb.
Lastly, it’s time to type your hair. Depending on the look you’re going for, there are a number of choices right here. Don’t fear, you don’t essentially have to use warmth except you need to!
For a extra pure, tousled look – This is the simplest option to type, particularly for these mornings whenever you’re in a rush. Simply scrunch your hair in an upward movement, let your hair end air-drying, and luxuriate in your naturally tousled look. Opting for heat-free styling is one of the best answer to assist reverse the injury, particularly if you happen to recurrently bleach, coloration, curl, or straighten your hair.
For curly hair – Similar to the earlier type we simply talked about, you’ll need to scrunch your hair in an upward movement to create the look of curls. Then, you’ll have to blow dry your hair utilizing the diffuser attachment. You can assist dry and improve your curls by cupping them in the diffuser. Continue part by part till your full head of hair is dry and curly.
For smooth, straight hair – For a voluminous straight look, you’ll want a blow dryer with a concentrator and a spherical brush. We suggest working your manner by means of your hair in sections to attain the smoothest look. Work the round brush through your hair with the blow dryer pointing downward to flatten flyaways.
Once you discover the precise mousse for your hair kind, attaining the look you need will likely be a lot simpler. Most formulation are designed for curly hair, so be sure you discover a product particularly formulated for straight hair if that’s the look you’re going for.
Lastly, bear in mind to by no means apply warmth to broken hair. Opt for a mousse that works nicely with no diffuser and easily permits your hair to air dry.
Did you discover the following tips useful for studying methods to use mousse primarily based in your hair kind? If so, we’d love to listen to from you. Let us know in the feedback under!